Professor Claudia R. Binder is director of the laboratory for Human-Environment Relations in Urban Systems (HERUS) at EPF Lausanne, and holds the Swiss Mobiliar Chair in Urban Ecology and Sustainable Living”: She was born in Montreal and raised in Canada, Colombia and Switzerland. After studying natural sciences and obtaining a doctorate in environmental sciences at ETH Zurich, she wrote her habilitation in the area of human-environment systems: “Concept and models on material stocks and flows in human-environment systems: A contribution to transition towards sustainable development”. She was Professor of Human Environmental Relations at the Ludwig-Maximilian University in Munich from October 2011 until March 2016.
- Habilitation: 2006 ETHZ: Venia legendi Human-Environment Systems Concept and models on material stocks and flows in human- environment systems: A contribution to transitions towards sustainable development
- Post-doc: University of Maryland (USA) (1996-1998) Ecological economics / resource economics
- PhD: 1996 ETHZ: Dr. natw. The early recognition of environmental impacts of human activities in developing countries
- Studies: 1992 Dipl. Natw.: Natural Sciences ETHZ: specialization Biochemistry
- Full professor for Human Environment Relations in Urban Systems, IEE, ENAC, EPFL (3/2016).
Swiss Mobiliar Chair for Urban Ecology and Sustainable Living
- Full professor for Human Environment Relations, Department of Geography University München (11/2011).
- Full professor for Systems Sciences (Human-Environment Systems) University of Graz, Austria (10/2009)
- SNF / Assistant professor for Social and Industrial Ecology, Department of Geography, University Zürich (04/2006).
- Environmental consulting and consulting for World Bank (Washington DC)
You can download the complete list of my publications here